Monday, July 31, 2017 – San Antonio, Texas — On July 31, leaders and members of Mortgage Compliance Professionals Association of America — the premier group of professionals working across all aspects of mortgage compliance — gathered deep in the heart of Texas to share their combined centuries of regulatory insight and experience. The workshop, which took place at the beautiful Hyatt Regency San Antonio, nestled between the city’s scenic River Walk and the historic site of the Alamo, was a can’t-miss affair … but, if you weren’t able to make it out, here’s a small sample of the day’s proceedings.
With topics ranging from HMDA and TRID to CFPB examinations to the GSEs’ Uniform Closing Dataset, the workshop offered a chance to see the most nagging compliance questions tackled by those who are in the trenches every day, whether they’re working from the perspective of the regulator or the regulated. After all, that’s what MCPAOA is about: creating and serving a diverse membership of mortgage industry compliance professionals and supporting their efforts to do their jobs as thoroughly and efficiently as possible.
Mortgage Compliance Magazine would like to thank everyone involved in putting together this fantastic event, including the MCPAOA leadership, the panelists, the attendees, and the sponsors whose participation made this meeting of the minds possible.
If you aren’t yet a member of MCPAOA, find out more by visiting MCPAOA.org or checking out the MCPAOA section in some of our recent issues. Add your voice to the future discussions that will take place at workshops just like this one.
- Burton Embry, President, MCPAOA and EVP and Chief Compliance Officer, Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc.
- Mary Pfaff, Senior Director, Policy And Communications, NMLS
- Ken Markison, VP and Regulatory Counsel, MBA
- John Haring, Director of Compliance Enablement, Ellie Mae
- Calvin Hagins, Deputy Assistant Director for Originations, Office of Supervision Policy, CFPB
- Lisa Klika, Chief Compliance Officer and SVP, Guild Mortgage Company
- Cassandra Wayman, HMDA/Fair Lending Manager, Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc.
- Jerra Ryan, SVP of Compliance, First Choice Loan Services Inc.